Thursday 14 January 2010

Why am I here?





First, a little about myself. I am a musician and I do a lot of teaching. I am often asked if I can provide recordings of which ever piece we are working on to provide them with some material to use at home.

The aim of this blog is to collect up all these little sound clips, annotated score and videos and put them all together under one roof.

There is no overall theme to these lessons. Some are for beginners, some for more advanced players. I think that mostly Melodeon lessons will end up here, and possibly some Mandolin or Bouzouki ones too, due to the fact there are plenty of really good Guitar and Fiddle demonstrations out there in the wide expanses of the internet and these don't really need to be repeated.

I am quite happy for requests if there is something specific I have done or not done which you would like to look at.

Almost all the work here will be my own original teaching content. Please feel free to redistribute with acknowledgment!


1 comment:

  1. Hi, would be eternaly grateful if you could post notation eg G' G etc, for "fields of Gold" and "Battle of the Somme". I am a complete beginner (1 week) on an old Hohner Single Row in G.
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete